The study of stability of suppositories with the glifazin herbal complex during storage
Keywords:suppositories, glifazin herbal complex, diabetes mellitus, stability
The result of the search in the direction of creating an effective and save drug for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM) was development of suppositories with the glifazin herbal complex obtained from the herb of bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) and mung bean (Phaseolus aureus).
Aim. To study stability of suppositories with glifazin during storage.
Materials and methods. The study objects were rectal suppositories with the hypoglycemic activity containing the glifazin herbal complex in its composition and made on the hydrophilic polyethylene oxide base by the molding method. While storing suppositories their quality parameters (description, uniformity of mass, average weight, dissolution time, pH, microbiological purity, quantitative content of phenolic compounds) were determined using physical, physicochemical, pharmacotechnological and microbiological methods in accordance with the requirements of the State Pharmacopeia of Ukraine (SPhU).
Results and discussion. It has been experimentally proven that all quality parameters of the drug meet the requirements of the draft of the Quality Control Methods (QCM).
Conclusions. The results of the studies conducted have shown that suppositories are stable when stored in a dry, dark cool place for 2 years.
1. VOZ. Programma VOZ po diabetu. Available at: http://www.who.int/diabetes/ru/
Yarnykh, T. H., Melnyk, H. M., Rukhmakova, O. A. et al. (2013). Liky Ukrainy, 2 (15), 16–18.
3. Even more about diabete. Dollars and sensible therapeutics. Available at: http://www.slideshare.net/Arhg–randRounds/abbotsford–feb–26–2014
Dedova, I. I., Melnichenko, T. A. (2012). Endokrinologiia. Moscow: GEOTAR–media, 1072.
Balabolkin, M. I., Klebanova, E. M., Kreminskaia, V. M. (2005). Lechenie sakharnogo diabeta i ego oslozhnenii. Moscow: Meditcina, 511.
Dreval, A. V., Misnikova, I. V. (2005). Rossiiskii meditcinskii zhurnal, 13 (6), 332–334.
Maiorov, A. Yu., Naumenkova, I. V. (2001). Rossiiskii meditcinskii zhurnal, 9 (24), 1105–1111.
Chernykh, V. P., Maloshtan, L. M., Horbenko, N. I. et al. (2010). Suchasni aspekty peroralnoi farmakoterapii tsukrovoho diabetu 2 typu. Dosiahnennia NFaU. Kharkiv: BURUNIK, 208.
Konechna, R. T., Kovinov, V. P. (2008). Visnyk natsionalnoho universytetu «Lvivska politekhnika», 622, 63–70.
Mapanga, R. F., Musabayane, C. T. (2010). The Renal Effects of Blood Glucose–Lowering Plant–Derived Extracts in Diabetes Mellitus–an Overview. Renal Failure, 32 (1), 132–138. doi: 10.3109/08860220903367585
Such, V., Zemlicka, M., Svaidlenka, E. et al. (2008). Medicinal plants and diabetes mellitus. Czech and Slovak Pharmacy, 57 (2), 78–84.
Kutsanian, A. S., Kovalov, S. V., Sytnyk, O. H., Dmytriievskyi, D. I., Kovalov, V. M. (2008). Hipohlikemichnyi zasib u formi rektalnykh supozytoriiv. Patent na korysnu model 29740 Ukraine, MPK (2006) A61K 36/00, A61K 9/20. № u200710734; declared 28.09.2007; published 21.01.2008, № 2.
Georgievskii, V. P. (2011). Analiticheskaia khimiia v sozdanii, standartizatcii i kontrole kachestva lekarstvennykh sredstv, v 3–kh tomakh. Kharkiv: NMT, 3, 520.
Derzhavna farmakopeia Ukrainy. (1–st ed.). (2001). Kharkiv: RIREH, 556.
Derzhavna farmakopeia Ukrainy. (1–st ed., 2–nd ad.). (2008). Kharkiv: RIREH, 620.
Nastanova 42–3.3.:2004. Vyprobuvannia stabilnosti.
Kutsanian, A. S., Kovalev, S. V., Dmitrievskii, D.I.et al.(2008). Zhurnal orhanіchnoi ta farmatsevtychnoi khіmіi, 6 (2 (22)), 80–82.
Copyright (c) 2018 National University of Pharmacy
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).