Clinical and economic analysis of pharmacotherapy of patients with chronic pancreatitis in the Druzhkovka healthcare institution
Keywords:chronic pancreatitis, clinical and economic analysis, ABC- analysis, VEN-analysis, frequency analysis
Aim. To determine the pharmacotherapy compliance of patients with chronic pancreatitis (CP) to medical and technological documents using clinical and economic analysis.
Materials and methods. 94 case histories of patients with CP from the age of 25 to 65 who were treated at the therapeutic department of one of the Druzhkovka healthcare institutions (HCI) were analyzed. The research period was within 2015-2017. The clinical and economic analysis of pharmacotherapy of these patients was performed using ABC, VEN and frequency analyses.
Results and discussion. It was determined that the majority of prescribed medicines were recommended by clinical protocols for use in the pharmacotherapy of the main CP and concomitant diseases diagnosed in the patients studied. These medicines are present in the State Formulary of Ukraine (SFU) (80.25 % and 91.36 %, respectively). The medicines that were present in the above documents were prescribed in most cases of all medical indications (67.50 % and 94.72 %, respectively). Most of the costs related to pharmacotherapy of patients with CP were spent on these medicines (60.00 % and 87.17 %, respectively).
Conclusions and prospects of further research. Comparison of the results of ABC-, VEN- and frequency analyses showed that the main directions of pharmacotherapy of patients with CP in the therapeutic department of one of the Druzhkovka HCI corresponded to the clinical protocols of medical care for patients with CP and concomitant diseases at the time of the study, and the choice of trademarks of medicines was carried out, preferably, in accordance with the SFU. However, a significant number of medical prescriptions and a considerable part of the costs were related to the secondary drugs, which were absent in clinical protocols (32.50 % of prescriptions and 40.00 % of costs, respectively). Therefore, in general, the real pharmacotherapy of patients with CP in the therapeutic department of one of the Druzhkovka HCI is not rational from the clinical and economical point of view and needs further correction in accordance with the given medicotechnological documents. Optimization of pharmacotherapy of patients with CP in this department and money for its implementation are possible due to the exclusion of Solcoseril, a drug affecting the digestive system and metabolic processes, which is expensive and absent in clinical protocols and the SFU, from the treatment regimens. It was prescribed in 0.83% of all cases, and 5.70% of the total cost of medicines was spent on it.
Babinets, L. S. (2012). Zdorov’ia Ukrainy, 1 (23), 61–63.
Mihenko, B. O. (2015). Visnyk naukovykh doslidzhen, 3, 11–14.
Rusyn, V. I., Sirchak, Ye. S., Kurchak, N. Yu. (2013). Hastroenterolohiia, 3 (49), 123–126.
Lévy, P., Domínguez-Muñoz, E., Imrie, C., Löhr, M., & Maisonneuve, P. (2014). Epidemiology of chronic pancreatitis: burden of the disease and consequences. United European Gastroenterology Journal, 2 (5), 345–354. https://doi.org/10.1177/2050640614548208
Morales, M. J. (2017). Chronic Pancreatitis: Current Concepts. SM Pancreat Disord Ther., 1 (1), 1001.
Halloran, Christopher. (2009). Vnutrenniaia meditcina, 4 (16). Available at : http://www.mif-ua.com/archive/article/10367
Mitish, V. A., Mahkamova, F. T., Paskhalova, Yu. S., Gruzman, V. A., Margolina, I. I. & Sokov, S. L. (2015). Hirurgija. Zhurnal imeni N. I. Pirogova - Surgery. Journal named after N. I. Pirogov, 4, 48–53.
Yakovlieva, L. V., Herasymova, О. О., Horbachova, А. S. & Krasiuk, А. А. (2015). Farmatsevtychnyi chasopys, 3, 83–87. https://doi.org/10.11603/2312-0967.2015.3.4939
Kotvitska, А. А. & Kononenko, O. V. (2015). Farmatsevtychnyi zhurnal, 6, 3–9.
Nemchenko, A., Nazarkina, V., & Kurylenko, Y. (2018). The study of the state of pharmaceutical provision for patients with cardiovascular diseases using ABC- and VEN-analyses. Vìsnik farmacìï, 3 (95), 44–48. https://doi.org/10.24959/nphj.18.2218
Morozov, A. M., Yakovlieva, L. V., Bezditko, N. V., Mishchenko, O. Ya., Stepanenko, A. V., Zimenkovskyi, A. B. (2013). Otsinka klinichnoi ta ekonomichnoi dotsilnosti vykorystannia likarskykh zasobiv u likuvalno-profilaktychnomu zakladi (suprovid formuliarnoi systemy) : metodychni rekomendatsii. Kharkiv : Styl-Yzdat, 36.
12. Derzhavnyi formuliar likarskykh zasobiv Ukrainy. (n.d.). Available at : http://www.dec.gov.ua/index.php/ua/arkhiv-nakaziv-pro-zatverdzhennya-derzhavnogo-formulyara-likarskikh-zasobiv
13. Poshukova systema “Reiestr medyko-tekhnolohichnykh dokumentiv”. (n.d.). Available at : http://mtd.dec.gov.ua/index.php/uk/
Kompendyum OnLine: dovidnyk. (n.d.). Available a t: https://compendium.com.ua/prices/
15. Nakaz MOZ Ukrainy № 918 vid 28.10.2010 r. “Pro zatverdzhennia metodychnykh rekomendatsii shchodo monitorynhu ta otsinky diievosti formuliarnoi systemy na etapi yii vprovadzhennia”. (2010). Available at : http://old.moz.gov.ua/ua/print/dn_20101028_918.html
Alhorytm dii likaria pry nadanni medychnoi dopomohy patsiientam iz khronichnym pankreatytom. (2014). Ukrainskyi medychnyi chasopys, 6 (104), 154–159.
Zviahyntseva, T. D. & Sharhorod, I. I. (2015). East European Journal of Internal and Family Medicine, 1,10–16.
Copyright (c) 2019 National University of Pharmacy
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).