The analysis of the pharmaceutical component of the emergency medical care system in Ukraine
Keywords:pharmaceutical component, disaster medicine, emergency medical care, emergency situations, medicines
Aim. To determine the role of the pharmaceutical component of emergency medical care inUkraine.
Materials and methods. Methods of information search, content-analysis, methods of comparison and generalization were used to carry out the research tasks.
Results and discussion. The organizational structure of emergency medical care inUkraine has been studied. It has been detailed that sub-subordinated structural units of the Department of Emergency Medical Care and Disaster Medicine at the Ministry of Health ofUkraine are the Department of Pre-hospital and Hospital Emergency Medical Care, as well as the Department of Coordination and Provision of Medical Care during antiterrorist operations, emergency and martial law. The methodology of forming a list of medicines for the provision of medical services for disasters has been described; it is based on the standards of a set of medical equipment for medical assistance in emergencies, developed by the World Health Organization. The formation of a departmental reserve of medicines and medical products has been specified. At the same time, it has been determined that the supply, replenishment and replacement of medicines is carried out at the expense of domestic manufacturers and imports of active pharmaceutical ingredients, which list in total covers approximately 60 pharmacological groups of a specific and wide spectrum of action. The analysis of the pharmaceutical component of theEmergencyMedicalCenter and Disaster Medicine in various modes of operation has been performed.
Conclusions The results of the study of the pharmaceutical component of the emergency medical care system in Ukraine and detalization of its organizational structure make it possible to emphasize the validity of the complete set of mobile medical service formations of disaster medicine with normative stocks of medicines and medical equipment, which effectiveness in the conditions of higher-preparedness regimes and/or emergency situations will provide a complex of measures aimed at timely, complete and safe caretaking the medical, sanitary, and specialty property of medical institutions, medical formations and the population of the country.
1. Zakon Ukrainy “Pro ekstrenu medychnu dopomohu” vid 05.07.2012 r. № 5081–VI. (2012). Available at : http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/5081-17
2. Kodeks grazhdanskoi zashchity Ukrainy ot 02.10.2012 r. № 5403–VI (2012). Available at : http://kodeksy.com.ua/ka/kgou.htm
3. Postanovlenie KMU “Ob utverzhdenii Tipovogo polozheniia o tcentre ekstrennoi meditcinskoi pomoshchi i meditciny katastrof” ot 21.11.2012 g. № 1116. (2012). Available at : http://base.spinform.ru/show_doc.fwx?rgn=56920
Oliinyk, P. V. (2016). Teoretychni i metodolohichni zasady orhanizatsii farmatsevtychnoho zabezpechennia naselennia v umovakh nadzvychainykh sytuatsii. Extended abstract of Doctor’s thesis. Lviv, 42.
Oliinyk, P. V., Kalyniuk, T. H. (2010). Ekstremalna medytsyna : Orhanizatsiia roboty aptek v umovakh nadzvy-chainykh sytuatsii. Kyiv : Medytsyna, 448.
Woodard, L. J., Bray, B. S., Williams, D., & Terriff, C. M. (2010). Call to action: Integrating student pharmacists, faculty, and pharmacy practitioners into emergency preparedness and response. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association, 50 (2), 158–164. https://doi.org/10.1331/japha.2010.09187
Pedersen, C. A., Canaday, B. R., Ellis, W. M., Keyes, E. K., Pietrantoni, A., Rothholz, M. C., … Tucker, T. L. (2003). Pharmacists’Opinions Regarding Level of Involvement in Emergency Preparedness and Response. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association, 43 (6), 694–701. https://doi.org/10.1331/154434503322642624
Copyright (c) 2019 National University of Pharmacy
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).