Trends of the global pharmaceutical market development
Aim. To analyze trends of the global pharmaceutical market development and its prospects.
Materials and methods. The following methods of research were used: the review of literature data and generalization of the material, methods of analysis and synthesis, marketing, system, logical-structural and comparative analysis, forecasting and programming.
Results and discussion. It has been determined that in the present-day conditions the intensification of the interaction between production, wholesale and retail links is of great importance at the global pharmaceutical market. Their current relationships are characterized by a constant search for new forms of cooperation; it is quite logical today since they should be mutually beneficial and highly effective, bringing the maximum profit to all members of the commodity network, on the one hand, and maximally providing all the needs of the population, on the other hand. According to the results of the statistical data analysis, it has been determined that the maximum annual increase of the volume of the pharmaceutical market (107.0 %) was achieved in 2016, but in recent years it has been slowed down. The average market volume changes by 5-6 %. The analysis of the dynamics of the world exports and imports of medicines characterizes the dynamics of the pharmaceutical market (the growth rate of exports is 7.7 %, and imports – 10.1 %). There is a worldwide tendency to increase the volume of production of pharmaceutical products (by 29 %), research and development costs (by 58 %), the market value of medicines in retail prices (by 24.1 %), and their payment by the state medical insurance (by 298.48 %). The global trend of healthcare is to increase the cost of generic drugs (up to 36 % of the total pharmaceutical market). The growth rates of sales of medicines in terms of value in general at the world pharmaceutical market by therapeutic groups are uneven. The problems of world pharmacy include insufficient number of research and development work, the emergence of new legal and regulatory constraints, political tension and the economic crisis in the world.
Conclusions. According to the results of the study the main trends of development and disadvantages of the world pharmaceutical market have been identified. Based on the analysis the key tasks of its development have been formulated.
Full Text:PDF (Русский)
2018 Global health care sector outlook. (2018). Available at: https://www2.deloitte.com/ru/ru/pages/life-sciences-and-healthcare/articles/2017/ global-health-care-sector-outlook.html
World Industry Outlook, Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals, The Economic Intelligence Unit. (n.d.). Available at: https://store.eiu.com/product/healthcare-world-outlook/
Global Outlook for Medicines Through 2018: doklad kompanii «IMS Institute for Health care Informatics». (2018). Available at: http://static.correofarmaceutico.com/docs/2014/12/01/informe_ims.pdf
Evaluate Pharma, 2015, World Preview 2015 outlook to 2020. (2015). Available at: http://www.evaluategroup.com/public/reports/evaluatepharma-world-preview-2015.aspx
United Nations Commodity Trade Statistics Database. (n.d.). Available at: http://comtrade.un.org/db/ce/ceSnap-shot.aspx?cc=54&px=S3&y=2012&p=0&rg=1,2&so=9999
Mirovoy farmatsevticheskiy ryinok: sostoyanie i tendentsii. (n.d.). Available at: www.newchemistry.ru/letter.php?n_id=7812 &cat_id=10&page_id=2
The Global Use of Medicines: Outlook through 2017. (2017). Available at: http://www.quotidianosanita.it/allegati/allegato1501906.pdf
Sapir, E. V., Karachev, I. A. (2016). Rossiyskiy vneshneekonomicheskiy vestnik, 8, 97–111.
Word’s Richest Countries. (n.d.). Available at: http://www.worldsrichestcountries.com/top-pharmaceuticals-importers.html
Major global pharmaceutical companies based on pharma. (n.d.). Available at: http://www.statista.com/statistics/281306/major-globalpharmaceutical-companies-based-on-pharma-revenue-2014
IMS Health. (n.d.). Available at: http://www.oracle.com/us/products/applications/ims-health-170679.html
GOST Style Citations
1. 2018 Global health care sector outlook. [Electronic resource]. – Available at : https://www2.deloitte.com/ru/ru/pages/life-sciences-andhealthcare/articles/2017/ global-health-care-sector-outlook.html
2. World Industry Outlook, Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals, The Economic Intelligence Unit. [Electronic resource]. – Available at : https://store.eiu.com/product/healthcare-world-outlook/
3. Global Outlook for Medicines Through 2018 : доклад компании «IMS Institute for Health care Informatics». [Electronic resource]. – Available at : http://static.correofarmaceutico.com/docs/2014/12/01/informe_ims.pdf
4. Evaluate Pharma, 2015, World Preview 2015 outlook to 2020. [Electronic resource]. – Available at : http://www.evaluategroup.com/public/reports/ evaluatepharma-world-preview-2015.aspx
5. United Nations Commodity Trade Statistics Database. [Electronic resource]. – Available at : http://comtrade.un.org/db/ce/ceSnap-shot.aspx?cc=54&px= S3&y=2012&p=0&rg= 1,2&so=9999
6. Мировой фармацевтический рынок : состояние и тенденции. [Электронный ресурс]. – Режим доступа : http//www.newchemistry.ru/letter.php?n_id=7812 &cat_id =10&page_id=2
7. The Global Use of Medicines: Outlook through 2017. [Electronic resource]. – Available at : http://www.quotidianosanita.it/allegati/allegato1501906.pdf
8. Сапир, Е. В. Особенности мирового фармацевтического рынка и проблемы его освоения российскими компаниями / Е. В. Сапир, И. А. Карачев // Росс. внешнеэкономический вестник. – 2016. – № 8. – С. 97–111.
9. Word’s Richest Countries. [Electronic resource]. – Available at : http://www.worldsrichestcountries.com/top-pharmaceuticals-importers.html
10. Major global pharmaceutical companies based on pharma. [Electronic resource]. – Available at : http://www.statista.com/statistics/281306/major-global-pharmaceutical-companies-based-on-pharma-revenue-2014
11. IMS Health. [Electronic resource]. – Available at : http://www.oracle.com/us/products/applications/ims-health-170679.html
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Abbreviated key title: News of pharm.
ISSN 2415-8844 (Online)